A new housekeeping association for Europe, the European Housekeepers Association (EHA)
The European Housekeepers Association (EHA)is now an entity in Europe. This association is open to all professional Housekeepers in Europe. The association was set up the offer greater support to professional housekeepers in the area. Housekeeping and Accommodation Management is one of the principle management roles in any establishment, a role that manages the largest physical space in the building, employs and manages diverse teams, and contracts, with often the largest budget. The EHA will work closely with colleagues from the IEHA, the USA equivalent of the UKHA.
At National level, the Association is a platform to help share knowledge and support others.
The EHA has the following aims and objectives:
- To improve the professional standing of Housekeepers;
- Promote housekeeping as a career;
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas;
- Increase our membership annually;
- Reach the more diverse workforce of the industry again i.e. hospitals, educational and training establishments;
- Re-introduce Accommodation Operations training programmes to colleges
The EHA is a self-funding association. Individual Membership is at national level with each country represented by the Chairperson and/or their Committee members. Each country will have its own membership which is normally open to all Housekeepers and other related or interested individuals or bodies.
What are the Aims of the EHA?
- to promote the development of Executive Housekeepers and exchange of information
- to assist Hoteliers in sourcing Executive Housekeepers
- to promote the management and interpretation of the role as a Housekeeper
- to maintain the role of the Executive Housekeeper as part of the Senior Executive Team
- to promote proper ethical and scientific standards for Housekeepers
- to promote the interests of professional Housekeepers nationally and in Europe
- to promote co-operation with other organisations with similar aims