Mystery Guest Programme
L&A's Mystery Guest Programme or Standards Assessment Programme allows Hotels to confidently address these questions by experiencing the properties service and facilities from a guest's perspective.
The L&A programme is conducted by a team of experienced mystery guest assessors and professional hotel evaluators. The programme can measure compliance with general industry quality standards of an individual property or entire group, or can be tailor-made to focus on particular needs and specific corporate standards.
How does it work?
The Mystery Guest Programme (Standards Assessment Programme) assesses an actual guest experience for a specific service, an individual property or a group of properties. To do this, an experienced, anonymous assessor visits each property, and/or uses each service, and then details the experience in a comprehensive report.
The assessment is created using company standards or general industry quality standards.
Who is it for?
The Standards Assessment Programme is designed for any hotel from an independent, moderate boutique hotel to a large international deluxe hotel group. L&A’s programme provides an accurate, unbiased view of guests' experience of all services and facilities.
How long is it?
The duration of a Standards Assessment Programme depends on the scope of the assessment.
A comprehensive overall assessment of a property is usually conducted over a 24 hour (1 night) or 48 hour (2 night) period.
What are the benefits?
A visible inspection of a property will identify it's conformance to the desired branding and image standards.
Comparisons with competitors will help establish your guests' perceptions and the business's position and in the market.
Analysing the results of a mystery guest audit, hotels are able to consolidate their business's strengths and recognise areas for development. Overall, this helps distinguish how best to allocate precious funds, and budget for future development in ways to best satisfy guest needs and increase business.
What can you expect?
- Assessments are conducted by an experienced assessor who has a profile similar to the hotels typical guest.
- In preparation for an assessment, a checklist is created in conjunction with the Hotel company. This lists each facility and service to be assessed and the required standards.
- After the audit checklist has been approved the service is used and/or the property is visited and assessed by an anonymous, unbiased, experienced assessor.
- The assessor utilises services and facilities as an actual guest in a regular situation. Using the checklist, services and facilities are assessed in a Yes/No manner to ensure objective reporting.
- On completion of the assessment, information is analysed and formatted by the assessor, providing meaningful, easy-to-read statistical and observation reports. Non conforming items are supported by photographic evidence.
- Reports are completed and forwarded by email within the agreed period.
- Pre-assessment review focusing on general guest experience and specific objectives
- Assessments are conducted with objective checklist detailing the compliance of each service and facility
- Photographic documentation is provided supporting assessed non-compliance items
- Statistical reports provide percentile results of each department and service area
- Assessor's report analyses results of the assessment from a guest's perspective
We are flexible and can customise workshops and coaching sessions to meet your individual needs and requirements.
L&A provides personalised operational reviews of existing housekeeping operation to assist in identifying challenges and assessing effectiveness and productivity of current procedures.
L&A consultants can assist with the setting up of the housekeeping operations at the pre-opening phase or complete a full hotel opening.
More info about L&A Housekeeping Courses and Training…
Learn more about L&A Hospitality Consultancy Services…
See how L&A can provide preopening support for housekeeping operations